Swimming and staying toasty!
We know that the cold weather can scare some people off swimming in winter but we want to assure you that swimming is a great way to build your immunity whilst keeping active, healthy and learning vital swimming skills.
Additionally we know that the continuation of swimming lessons without a break is the best way to cement and improve those important lifelong skills which are being learnt in the pool.
So kids, stay warm to and from your swimming lesson this winter. Here's some helpful tips to keep you warm:
- Make sure you get changed out of your wet bathers after swimming before leaving the centre (remember, there’s no warm sunshine to dry them before you even make it to the car.)
- Head for the on deck showers and changing facilities straight after jumping out of the pool. Warm showers are the best.
- Bring some swagger to your towel game and use a hooded towel.
- Avoid play time in the pool before lessons, that way your kids won’t arrive cold at the start of the lesson if their lessons take place in the 25m pool.
- Rashies aren’t just for summer, they’re a great way to keep warm in the colder months.
- Rug up on your way in and out of the centre.
- Pop on a swimming cap to keep your fro dry and your head warm.
- Wear a beanie when leaving the pool